About Me

My photo

I love hammering gold, silver, copper, brass, and bronze into amazing textured custom rings, custom wedding rings, engagement rings, and other unique artisan jewelry.  I have an extensive selection of men's and women's rings, along with gemstone and pearl jewelry in my SilverSmack shop on Etsy.  Please stop in and take a look.

A Poem I wrote

Beyond Semi-precious

Lapidolite, Dumorterite, Iolite

even the sedimentary syllables shine


nutured by nature

colored by the earth

flecked
mottled
dappled

fossilized blooms

petrified sunsets

envelop me

Click on my banner to visit my shop.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tastes Like Ass

So, I looked up some of the side effects for my new medication (Topomax) and one of them was that it made carbonated beverages taste funny. That sounded like such a dumb side effect. I didn't believe it. Sure enough, today at lunch when I went to drink my diet Mt. Dew, I grimaced at the taste of it. It tasted like ass. . . serious ass. Blech! How can that be a side effect? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. But if if helps my headaches, I can handle it. I'm also feeling a little spacey. I almost forgot to make my lunch. I did forget to eat breakfast. Anna Nicole Smith was on Topomax, so that explains a lot. My head feels fuzzy and funny, but it's not a headache, so that's good. My mouth is also very dry, but I can't even drink my flippin' Mt. Dew. I hope this is worth it.

3 comments:

LINDA BARES said...

Haha..your post made me chuckle. That is a very strange side affect. Bummer about your soda tasting like ass though. I know how I crave and look forward to the cracked open can of Pepsi.

Cicada Studio said...

My husband uses this term. I have tears in my eyes from giggling at this.

moonmystic said...

I couldn't believe how bad it tasted. It's soooooo bad. Seriously, How can that be a side effect?