About Me

My photo

I love hammering gold, silver, copper, brass, and bronze into amazing textured custom rings, custom wedding rings, engagement rings, and other unique artisan jewelry.  I have an extensive selection of men's and women's rings, along with gemstone and pearl jewelry in my SilverSmack shop on Etsy.  Please stop in and take a look.

A Poem I wrote

Beyond Semi-precious

Lapidolite, Dumorterite, Iolite

even the sedimentary syllables shine


nutured by nature

colored by the earth

flecked
mottled
dappled

fossilized blooms

petrified sunsets

envelop me

Click on my banner to visit my shop.

Monday, April 7, 2008

The Wedding Challenge



A challenge? I'm all for that. I was so excited to have this week off so I could work on my wedding challenge set. The 2008 Wedding Challenge is sponsored by the Etsy street teams: JET (Jewelry on Etsy team), EtsyFAST (Fiber Arts Street Team) and Etsy Greetings and it's a way the get the word out about buying handmade. Each team is putting together certain aspects of the wedding and then posting them in a Flickr pool for all to see. I actually had an inspiration that evolved as I started working. I found these really elegant pod shaped pearl/shells and I thought they would be perfect for this. I thought I could dangle Swarovski Crystals with the Aurora Borealis finish off the bottom, interspersed with some freshwater pearls- a nice dangling cluster. Then, I wanted to do something special for the necklace rather than just dangle the one pod down the front. Then, I was struck with the front toggle idea. I've been meaning to do one for awhile, I just hadn't yet. I dug through all my toggles until I found a fancy, dainty one and my necklace was born. I'm always up for a challenge.

5 comments:

Beadsme said...

Gorgeous.

Dashery Jewelry said...

Beautiful set! Any bride would be lucky to wear it!

MorganAlexaDesigns said...

So elegant!!

Waterrose said...

Woo Hoo...you got the 3 columns made!

Rosebud Collection said...

You did wonderful with the challenge..What a beautiful set..