About Me

My photo

I love hammering gold, silver, copper, brass, and bronze into amazing textured custom rings, custom wedding rings, engagement rings, and other unique artisan jewelry.  I have an extensive selection of men's and women's rings, along with gemstone and pearl jewelry in my SilverSmack shop on Etsy.  Please stop in and take a look.

A Poem I wrote

Beyond Semi-precious

Lapidolite, Dumorterite, Iolite

even the sedimentary syllables shine


nutured by nature

colored by the earth

flecked
mottled
dappled

fossilized blooms

petrified sunsets

envelop me

Click on my banner to visit my shop.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another Snow Day




Well, most people think it's spring, but here in "Big Snow Country," winter is still going strong. School was cancelled and we got a bunch of snow. I don't know exactly how much. It was really windy, so it drifted a lot in some places and some places were bare. In one part of our garage, where we put our shoes, something is messed up with the ridge vent, so when it is really windy and the wind is horizontal, the shoes get filled up with snow. That is the only place that snow comes in- right on the steps- right in the shoes. That will wake you up in the morning. My father-in-law came to plow, and he got stuck, so my husband went to go get him out with the skidsteer, and he got stuck. I stayed inside. Eventually, they got out. While I was inside, I got two phone calls, from two different ladies saying they wanted to buy some jewelry. They called me. How cool is that? I guess my promoting is paying off. I was more than obliging. And I think they will buy some more and tell their friends. Awesome. I also had some time to make some cool Tagua nut pendants. I love these because they are so earthy looking, but the colors are so vibrant.

2 comments:

Harrach Glass Beads said...

A LA CARTE ART featured artist questionnaire
by Harrach Glass
http://alacarteart.blogspot.com
http://harrachglass.etsy.com

(Harrach): To begin with, please introduce yourself, and give our readers a little personal history.

(Harrach): Where can people purchase your art online? Give links to your website, Etsy store, Ebay store, or any other sales outlets.

(Harrach): How long have you been an artist?

(Harrach): Have you been classically trained as an artist?

(Harrach): How would you describe your style of art?

(Harrach): What inspires your creativity?

(Harrach): Do you have advice for other artists just starting out in the business?

(Harrach): Do you teach or help mentor other budding artists?

(Harrach): What are your interests besides art?






Thank you very much for filling out my questionnaire! Please forward this questionnaire to my email address which is Alacarteartblog@aol.com. Etsy doesn’t like people sending a lot of convo’s!

Also please attach a few pictures of your original art work, in gif or jpeg format. It doesn’t need to be something that you have for sale at the moment, it could have already been sold, or something that is not for sale. I’ll pick through your samples and upload my favorite or favorites!

I will include in my blog interview all of the links you supply in the questionnaire. I would also like to have at least your first name, and of course your business name.

I will notify everyone when they are featured.

And once again thanks!
Carol

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Beautiful work! I really enjoyed reading your blog. It's not spring here in central Oregon either!