About Me

My photo

I love hammering gold, silver, copper, brass, and bronze into amazing textured custom rings, custom wedding rings, engagement rings, and other unique artisan jewelry.  I have an extensive selection of men's and women's rings, along with gemstone and pearl jewelry in my SilverSmack shop on Etsy.  Please stop in and take a look.

A Poem I wrote

Beyond Semi-precious

Lapidolite, Dumorterite, Iolite

even the sedimentary syllables shine


nutured by nature

colored by the earth

flecked
mottled
dappled

fossilized blooms

petrified sunsets

envelop me

Click on my banner to visit my shop.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Is It Really Flip-Flop Weather?



Sure, everyone wants spring to come, but lets take a little time to look at the facts. THERE'S STILL A TON OF SNOW OUT THERE! This is what I see when I look out my window. Not flip-flop weather in my book. Sure, we've had a few days of warmer temperatures, but in addition to a ton of snow, there's even more MUD!



Now, I've spotted some flip-flops already this week. Maybe in warmer climates, that's fine, but in BIG SNOW COUNTRY, I think it's best to wait a bit. . .

3 comments:

Studio B (UberArt) said...

I can't even think about flip flops until it's at least 80 degrees! My feet get too cold.

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Love the feet photo! Love the polish color too :)
We're definitely nowhere near flip flop weather here either!

Plantress said...

found you on the etsy forums! Blog love from your newest follower. Visit me at
www.plantress.etsy.com
www.plantress.blogspot.com

and yes it really is flip flop weather snow or not. That's what makes Spring come! :)