About Me

My photo

I love hammering gold, silver, copper, brass, and bronze into amazing textured custom rings, custom wedding rings, engagement rings, and other unique artisan jewelry.  I have an extensive selection of men's and women's rings, along with gemstone and pearl jewelry in my SilverSmack shop on Etsy.  Please stop in and take a look.

A Poem I wrote

Beyond Semi-precious

Lapidolite, Dumorterite, Iolite

even the sedimentary syllables shine


nutured by nature

colored by the earth

flecked
mottled
dappled

fossilized blooms

petrified sunsets

envelop me

Click on my banner to visit my shop.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Photography Aid

Now, I'm not the greatest photographer and would never claim to be, but I came across what I think is the greatest photography aid EVER! I always had trouble holding the camera steady for those close-up shots. I had a little, tiny tripod, but it wasn't tiny enough. This bendy tripod lets me bend it as small as I want.


I got it at Best Buy for $21.99 and I threw the package away, but the name on it says SUNPAC. For outdoor pics, you can also bend it around trees, decks, playground equipment, or whatever else you can find. I love it!

12 comments:

SarahBeeCreations said...

That is really neat! I've never seen anything like it. I don't normally use a tripod, but it's got me thinking :)

kim* said...

its a reeses pod

Kellybot said...

You know, I got my brother something just like that, called a gorillapod. I didn't occur to me how useful I might find it! Great idea!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

This is a great little tool to have!

BeadedTail said...

What a clever little tripod! I don't usually use them because of their inflexibility but this one fixes that issue. I might have to check it out!

ruth hill radcliffe said...

what fun. looks like it would be great for traveling as well.

Made By Tammy said...

Wow, very cool! I want one.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

That's AWESOME!

uniquecommodities said...

Tres cool! Never seen anything like it!

NICO Designs said...

At first I thought it was made out of buttercup candy...what a great tool.

ImagineMDD said...

That's very clever. I take macro photos on the table, very close, and even my little so-called tabletop tripod won't work. I know it's partly operator error, but this looks promising. Thanks for the info.

ImagineMDD
http://imaginemdd.blogspot.com/

GrandmaMarilyns said...

Cool looking tripod. I have never seen anything like it.